I've decided that the month of May is busier and crazier than December. There are baseball games, graduations, programs, gardens, yard work, baseball games, family things, blah, blah, blah, blah....It just never stops and everything seems to be piled right on top of each other!
I've got a whole new respect for the end-of-year testing that happens at the schools. Holy crow I didn't know all that is involved with it. Not only is it stressful for all the kids who are being hounded by their teachers and parents to "do their best" "go slow and read carefully" and being told "it's not a race", it's stressful for the teachers who are worried when one kid finishes fast and another takes a long time. Not only is the kids' learning being tested but the teacher's teaching! Whew! I'm just a TA and I've been worrying about my own kids testing and then all the kids I help at school too! I will be glad when it's over!!!!
I have to say though, I love my job! It is very rewarding working with the kids and it is never boring! I have gained more patience with my own kids during homework time and I have learned new tricks to get them to do their homework! Every day seems to be an bit of an adventure, there is sure to be some kid that does or says something that will get a giggle or smile out of me.
We are looking forward to the end of school and summer break. T is planning a surprise summer vacation for us. He won't tell us where we are going! It's driving me nuts. I don't think he has mentioned it to the boys yet. I guess we'll see where we're going when we get there.
Our trip to Croatia was amazing. We had a wonderful time exploring this new area and hearing the history of the country. We were also able to travel into Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina while there. Our favorite place was Bosnia, the mixture of Muslim and Roman Catholic citizens was interesting to see. It was almost a definite line down the valley near Mostar. One religion on one side, the other on the other side. Inside the city though everyone mixed well and were very friendly. There is still physical evidence of the War of the 90's in Bosnia they are still working to rebuild and it was almost surreal to see the bomb damage that still remains.
Our theater is coming along well. Opening date is tentatively set for August 21. We have our first ad in the newspaper today for job applicants. Our Quiznos will be open July 1! This will be a busy summer for us but an exciting one too!
More to come later...don't hold your breath...I don't post very often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment